Hats can change their entire look of an outfit.
Pictured to the left is a fedora in the middle is a boater and to the right is panama hat.
Hats are one of my favorite accessories to wear year-round. Lately, the fedoras and wide brim hats have been on constant repeat in my wardrobe. But I have recently added bolero hats to my collection seen in the featured picture. Known as a Spanish riding hat Gaucho style hats were worn by cowboys -gauchos- in South America. The gaucho sombrero was made of black wool felt, with wide flat brim, a shallow flat crown and chin cord. A bolero hat is practically identical, generally without a chin cord, and more associated with Spanish dancers. It’s a statement piece that instantly makes any look more interesting and it’s also a quick and simple addition to your outfit. The biggest misconception about hats is that only certain people can pull them off. Here 6 reasons why hats are for everybody
1. First things first- pick a hat that fits! It should sit squarely on your head and cover most of your forehead.
2. For a tried and true style, select hats that look like they could fit in during any season, like a classic fedora or a driving hat. Those classic styles are timeless for a reason and are seamless to pull off.
3. With some hats, you have to tilt them (fedoras) and some hats should be squarely on your head (boaters, drivers, boleros)
4. Some Hats only work on some seasons such as boaters that are more colorful should be worn in the spring and the summer. As panama's and straw hats should be worn in the summer.
5. For an effortless way to style a hat, keep the rest of your accessories and outfit details basic. A hat carries a lot of weight in your look, so keeping the rest of the ensemble minimal creates a much-needed balance.
6. Confidence is key. The single greatest tip to successfully rock any hat is to wear it with confidence.